Find Love After 40
with Renée Suzanne
Listen on your favorite podcast platform:
Do you hope you’ll find love without having to date? I used to and I totally get it.
Dating can be a lot of work, especially when you find it overwhelming and don’t enjoy it.
But if you really want to find someone to share your life with, dating is the best, fastest, easiest way to find him.
Dating is simply a skill that you can learn, just like any other skill. Learning this skill actually prepares you for the experience of having a healthy relationship.
You'll learn a lot of things while dating such as:
1. How to communicate effectively. All our relationships are a series of conversations and actions.
2. How to take responsibility for the results you want to create in life instead of waiting for someone else to deliver them to you without your participation. This is HUGE!!
3. How to compromise, not settle, because being alone when you don’t want to be because you’re holding onto an unrealistic expectation of what you should have is the epitome of settling
4. How to actually be with another person and enjoy his company, even when he isn’t what you thought he should be. (this is a requirement for being happily partnered)
5. How to get over yourself and not insist on getting your own way all the time. Trust me, I am STILL working on this and I’ve been married almost 7 years, but thinking that you’re entitled to having every single thing you want, the way you want it and the minute you want it will not serve you in finding a partner. It’s amazing how we can be open in every other area of life, our jobs, where we live, the cars and clothing we buy, being generous with our friends, family and children, but when it comes to dating we think we deserve the best of the best of the best.
And I don’t mean that you should be dating awful men. Just stop insisting that he be super good-looking, make tons of money, have more education than you, you know what I’m talking about.
Dating, if done right, will help you cultivate the skills that will make you a better partner when you meet a good man. And if you’re out there dating, meeting a good man is only a matter of time.
If you refuse to learn how to date, you’ll be ill-prepared for when you run into a good man in real life and have not cultivated these skills.
That’s why so many women, myself included, only get into relationships every couple of years and then they’re very short-lived. We’re left feeling hurt and take even more time off from dating to heal.
Learning how to date and actually putting yourself out there will show you from experience what an abundance of men are out there.
You’ll practice these skills, which is the only way to really get good at them, and then you’ll have them in your back pocket when you meet the relationship-ready man who is definitely out there looking for you.
If you’re ready to get out there and date, you’ll need an amazing profile.
Click here to grab my free guide to help you write one.